The 15th edition of the Red Bull Music Academy is descending upon New York City from September 30th to November 2nd 2012. This fall, 60 carefully selected producers, vocalists, beatmakers, instrumentalists and DJs from 35 countries will set up shop and exchange musical visions with some of the very best trailblazers of today’s musical landscape. Successful applicants will attend private lecture sessions and collaborate on music in an expansive, custom-built creative studio space in Chelsea that is being designed by acclaimed architect Jeffrey Inaba and outfitted with several recording studios and multi-purpose workspaces.
While creativity is being bred within the Red Bull Music Academy, all New Yorkers will have an opportunity to experience the power and enlightenment of some of the world’s best music acts, across all genres. A series of ticketed and free shows will occur in various venues around town – NYC music festival style. The full schedule of signature concerts and club nights will be announced in late August.
Unable to contain our excitement, Red Bull Music Academy is bringing the beat all summer long:
- Co-curating the official after party for the Governors BallMusic Festival on June 23 with Nobody Beats the Drum, and Academy alumni Cubic Zirconia, XXXchange & Brenmar.
- Team-up with long-time Red Bull Music Academy affiliate Benji B of BBC Radio 1 fame for the NYC session of his London club night, Deviation, with Kode9 and Academy alum Lunice at Le Poisson Rouge on July 4.
- Screening of Red Bull Music Academy documentary on NYC hip-hop icons Mobb Deep, who are also former Academy lecturers at Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival on July 14.
- Red Bull Music Academy’s very own Central Park SummerStage on August 20, talent to be announced very soon.
- More NYC Festival involvement to come…
- ‘Red Bull Music Academy Discotheque’ stage at HARD Summer on August 3 & 4 in LA featuring the likes of Bootsy Collins, Chromeo, James Murphy and Academy graduates Lunice & Brenmar among many others.
- Recent curated Academy stages at world-renowned festivals: Movement Electronic Music Festival in Detroit, the venerable Montreux Jazz Festival, and the Sónar Festival in Barcelona, where a number of Academy alumni performed on their SônarDome stage.
All audio from the above performances and thousands more are available for streaming on www.rbmaradio.com.