Spotify users in the US can now play for free on iPhone and iPad. The latest update to Spotify’s iOS app includes the new radio feature, giving free users in the US access to an unlimited amount of music on the move. The update is now available for download in the App Store.
The new radio feature for iOS is seamlessly integrated into the Spotify service, creating an unmatched user experience of listening, discovering, saving and sharing music, from a catalog of more than 16 million songs.
Spotify users on iPhone and iPad can now:
· Create limitless streaming radio stations from single songs, playlists, albums or artists
· Create an unlimited number of stations and listen as long as they like
· Save tracks to Spotify playlists – any song that users “like” will be saved, so they can find the songs later
· Personalize stations in real time by “liking” tracks to hear similar music
· Browse friends’ playlists and create radio stations based on their tastes
· Hear great new songs from Spotify’s state-of-the-art recommendation engine, based on what millions of people are listening to
· Access a catalog of over 16 million tracks
“Our focus has always been on creating an amazing user experience,” said Charlie Hellman, VP, Product at Spotify. “The radio feature we’ve added to our iPhone and iPad apps gives users the ability to discover, listen and save what they like on the go – all within one app – for free.”
Premium users of the Spotify iOS app will continue to have an ad-free experience. Free users in the US will hear advertisements from the following launch partners: Chevrolet, Durex, Heineken, Red Stag by Jim Beam, Lipton Iced Tea, Macy’s, McDonalds, Progressive, Red Bull, Taco Bell, Verizon Wireless, and Warner Bros – all of which are current Spotify advertisers.
The new Spotify radio feature will also be available to Premium users outside of the United States.
Download the Spotify app here.