CELEBRATING SOUL MEN & SOULFUL DADS ON CENTRIC TV
Black History Month Continues with a new Father’s Day Tribute
WASHINGTON, DC (June 11, 2013) – Father’s Day on Centric TV means celebrating those soulful men who matter most – our dads. Continuing with its dedicated Black Music Month programming, Centric TV is bringing a special half-hour original program titled “Our Fathers” on Sunday, June 16 at 10am.
“Our Fathers” gives an intimate look into the lives of Def Jam Recording Artist and Actor Ludacris, Atlantic Recording Artist and Producer Swizz Beatz, and Comedian and Actor Gary Owens. Viewers are invited beyond the velvet rope to spend Father’s Day with some very special stars who are always father’s first.
In this brand new, never before aired original show, Ludacris spends the day with his 10-year old daughter Karma, while Swizz Beatz and his father “TD” share their special bond, and the hilarious Gary Owen spends the day with his family. Each of these celebrity fathers steps out of the spotlight and into real life, showing rarely seen softer sides. Whether Go Kart racing, Roller Skating, or ATV riding, these famous-faced fathers share a glimpse of their most private and important bonds.
Men take center stage all weekend at Centric. Men of Soul programming presides all Saturday and most of Sunday, too.
- 5AM All Maxwell Everything
- 7AM All Charlie Everything- hosted by Charlie Wilson
- 8AM Music of Raheem DeVaughn with bonus footage
- 9AM Soul Men (feat. Music Soulchild, D’Angelo, Anthony Hamilton)
- 10PM BEING: New Edition
- 11PM BEING: Earth Wind and Fire
- 12AM Earth Wind and Fire Concert
- 1AM Earth Wind and Fire – Shining Stars
- 4PM As Written: Jeffery Osbourne
- 10AM Centric Presents: Our Father’s
- 10:30PM BEING: New Edition
- 11:30PM BEING: Ron Isley
- 12AM Centric Presents: Our Father’s Day
Having kicked off the first weekend with Public Enemy, and followed that with a Soul Sister weekend of divine divas, Centric will air themed programming that explores and celebrates the vitality of African American music and musicians for all five weekends in June.